Rotating Internship Program
The Rotating Internship Program, is aimed towards medical students in their last year, according to agreements signed with these universities: San Francisco de Quito, Internacional del Ecuador and Pontifica Universidad Catolica del Ecuador, with an annual quota of 8 students per institution.
The objective of the program is to complete their medical training in a hospital environment with strong academic programs seeking the clinical and personal development of the student.
The Rotating Internship Program, is met during a calendar year of activities, divided into five phases:
- Clinical: 12 weeks
- Surgical: 12 weeks
- Pediatrics: 8 weeks
- Gynecology: 8 weeks
- Community Health: 8 weeks
To carry out their rotations the base hospitals are:
- Clinical: Hospital Metropolitano
- Surgical: Hospital Metropolitano
- Gynecology: Hospital Metropolitano and Isidro Ayora Maternity
- Pediatrics: Hospital Metropolitano and Isidro Ayora Maternity
- Community Health
Personal folder with:
- Resume and 2 photos updated
- Academic record (kardex notes).
- Copy of ID card
- Voting certificate
- Police record
- Copy of crossed certificates, personal, dignities and vaccination certificates
- Application addressed to Dr. Alfredo Naranjo, General Coordinator PIR with a copy to Dr. Mario Almeida, Chief of the Medical Education Department
To the selected students, Hospital Metropolitano will grant an economic value as a scholarship during their training.
- Teaching and Training Program (tutorials)
- Private Medical Insurance with coverage during the program
- Uniforms (apron, surgical suit)
- Use of Residential Areas
- Internet facilities.
- Wifi signal.
- Access to medical pages such as: UPTO - DATE, INARHI
- Access to ICT technology (Tablets).
- Educational material.
- Access to Metrociencia Magazine
Send your resume to: email@example.com
Or directly upload it to our system: