Patient Rights and Obligations
You, as anyone who visits the Quito Hospital Metropolitano for attention to their health needs are entitled to:
- To recive all the members of the hospital, treatment in accordance whith their dignity as a person, or cordia, warm and respectful of their being, their cultural identity, their beliefs, their customs and values,Hospital categorized as serious misconduct, acts or rude or disparaging any violence or coercion.
- know, understand and exercise full freedom in terms of his will in regard to their health, the rigths are set out in this statement. These rights can be exercised by himself or by a person representing him and that his name , make the decisions it deems appropriate in relation to their health.
- To recive high quality care that is respectful, thoughful, personal, responsible, timely, continuous, safe, adequate health problem, integral, to respect their best interests and technically sound.
- Assistance whit all technical and human resources, adequate to relieve their siffering, and not to be subjected to treatments involving unnecessary isolation of their family , work or socia.
- Know the name of the physician responsible for coordinating you care, and the names and specialties of all professionals who care for you.
- enjoy complete privasy, both in terms of their private life whit regard to care procces.for this purpose, clinical assessment, physical exam, disccussion of his health problem, implementation of treatment are confidential professional acts that must lead quietly serves. It also has right to maintain absolute secrecy about all information concerning his private life, diagnosis, treatment is established or the results of test or interventions to be practiced. therefore, you are entiled to know the reason for the presence of any stranger, and to reject their presence if you think, and to authorize or not in writing, that your medical record be in the hands of people not directly involved in attention.
- To recive accurate, clear, complete and timely information about your condition,the treatment is to be conducted and the results thereof, as well as the evolution and prognosis of your condition.
- Recive all necessary information to accept or reject the application of any treatment or procedure that is proposed to carry out. Exept in emergencies, this information includes the description of the procedure or treatment, significant risks from the clinical point of view, the alternatives can be considered, including not intervening, the risks inherent in each alternative and the name of the people would carry out the treatment.
- Actively participate in decisions concerning their care, to the extent permitted by law, this includes the right to refuse to consider it andsubmit to medical practices, and to refuse tretment which has not consedent.
- Free to choose or change your doctor, seek the advice or intervention by another physician at any time.
- Having timely and reasonable response to their requests, to meet his expectations.
- Leaving the hospital, under its responsability, expressed in writing, even against medical advise.
- To determine whether the treatment is proposed as part of clinicalreserarch being carried out in the hospital or treatment is experimental in nature, and refuse to be part of it or him. it also has right to know wheter to care that is offered as part of of process of health education, and refuse to take part in it.
- If your condition is terminal, that if you or your representative so request, in proper form, not made extraordinary procedures to prolong her life, and to recive in any case, all atention avaliable to alleviate their sufferings.
- Recive religious, moral or spiritual care for duration, or reject it.
- Require flexibility and simplicity of administrative procedures that need attention, and to examine and to receive explanations of the case regarding the collection account to submit to the hospital for sevices renderes or that the fees of the professionals who attended, regardless the source of payment.
- Exercise these rights whithout descrimination based on race, sex, sexual orientation,cultural,economic,educational,socia, political,religious, or associated with decisions made at the attention it brings, or related to the source or the payment of the value of the servise we provide.
Since our purpose id to serve the best and the highest levels of quality, we would appreciate warm welcom these suggestions:
- Provide accurate and clear as any information that may be requested to supplement the data needed to establish the diagnosis and formulate the most appropriate treatment to their health status.
- Comply with the advice given by the treating physician or nurse or other disciplines and to avoid events that disturb other inpatients.
- Comply with information relating to the administration of medicines, limitations in their physical activity, foos intake, etc.
- Mantain the respect and consideration for the hospital staff and to orther patients and respecting the policies of the hospital.
- Tell your family to give favorable consideration requests regarding visiting hours (desirably 11:00 to 19:45) or the number of people who, sumultaneously, can join him in the room ( preferably no more than two ).
- Sing, directly or through his representative, authorizations and consents as requested to implement a treatment or a test or an intervention (in case you dont, understand that it has exercised its right to refuse and we will not carry out treatment, testing or proposed intervention), and sing the declainer document by which he expresses his desire to leave the hospital.
- Communicate any concerns, request, nuinsace, failure or problem that relates to the care that was provided or is being given to the chief Nurse(for receving the telephone extension 2115 or 2100) or the General Supervisor hospital (per receving telephone extension 2115 or 2100).
Your Nurse is available to inform how to proceed in each case.